Tabouli is a Middle Eastern vegetarian salad, primarily made with bulgur, lemon juice, tomato and herbs. This version is delicious! —Kristin Arnett, Elkhorn, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + standing
- 1 cup bulgur
- 3 cups boiling water
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 package (4 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 2 cans (2-1/4 ounces each) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Place bulgur in a large bowl; stir in boiling water. Cover and let stand for 30 minutes or until most of the liquid is absorbed. Drain and squeeze dry.
- In another large bowl, combine tomatoes, carrots, feta cheese, olives, basil, lemon juice, oil and salt. Add bulgur and toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 105 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 6mg cholesterol, 291mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 4g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Tabouli Primavera in Test Kitchen Favorites Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.