I like to take T-bone steaks to a new level by topping individual servings with a dollop of savory butter seasoned with sun-dried tomato pesto.—Agnes Ward, Stratford, Ontario
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh basil or 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 5 tablespoons sun-dried tomato pesto, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 4 beef T-bone steaks (1 inch thick and 16 ounces each)
- In a small bowl, combine the butter, cheese, basil, 2 tablespoons pesto, pepper and garlic salt. Shape into a 4-in. disk; wrap in plastic. Refrigerate until serving.
- Rub remaining pesto over both sides of steaks. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 7-9 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°).
- Unwrap tomato butter; cut into four wedges. Place one wedge on each steak. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as T-Bones with Sun-Dried Tomato Butter in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2010, p60
Reviews forT-Bones with Sun-Dried Tomato Butter
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 14, 2013
"Taste great will make again and again!!!"