T-Bones with Sun-Dried Tomato Butter
I like to take T-bone steaks to a new level by topping individual servings with a dollop of savory butter seasoned with sun-dried tomato pesto.—Agnes Ward, Stratford, Ontario
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh basil or 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 5 tablespoons sun-dried tomato pesto, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 4 beef T-bone steaks (1 inch thick and 16 ounces each)
- In a small bowl, combine the butter, cheese, basil, 2 tablespoons pesto, pepper and garlic salt. Shape into a 4-in. disk; wrap in plastic. Refrigerate until serving.
- Rub remaining pesto over both sides of steaks. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 7-9 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°).
- Unwrap tomato butter; cut into four wedges. Place one wedge on each steak.
To Make Ahead: Prepare the butter up to a week in advance; store in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 638 calories, 39g fat (18g saturated fat), 176mg cholesterol, 665mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 65g protein.
Originally published as Sun Dried Tomato Butter Steaks in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2010
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.