T-Bones with Sun-Dried Tomato Butter
I like to take T-bone steaks to a new level by topping individual servings with a dollop of savory butter seasoned with sun-dried tomato pesto.—Agnes Ward, Stratford, Ontario
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh basil or 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 5 tablespoons sun-dried tomato pesto, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 4 beef T-bone steaks (1 inch thick and 16 ounces each)
- In a small bowl, combine the butter, cheese, basil, 2 tablespoons pesto, pepper and garlic salt. Shape into a 4-in. disk; wrap and refrigerate until serving.
- Rub remaining pesto over both sides of steaks. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 7-9 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°; medium-well, 145°).
- Unwrap tomato butter; cut into 4 wedges. Place one wedge on each steak.
To Make Ahead: Prepare the butter up to a week in advance; store in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 638 calories, 39g fat (18g saturated fat), 176mg cholesterol, 665mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 65g protein.
Originally published as Sun Dried Tomato Butter Steaks in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2010