Szechuan Shrimp Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 10 ounces uncooked thin spaghetti
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 pound cooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 package (10 ounces) julienned carrots
- 2 cups fresh sugar snap peas
- 1 large sweet red pepper, sliced
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped dry roasted peanuts
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk the canola oil, honey, vinegar, sesame oil, soy sauce, ginger and pepper flakes; set aside.
- Drain spaghetti; rinse in cold water. Place in a large bowl. Add the shrimp, carrots, peas, red pepper, onions and cilantro. Drizzle with dressing; toss to coat. Sprinkle with peanuts. Chill until serving.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 462 calories, 21g fat (2g saturated fat), 86mg cholesterol, 455mg sodium, 49g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 5g fiber), 22g protein.
Apr 21, 2015
I served this as a warm salad without cooling the noodles. I didn't have sesame oil and used coconut oil instead. I also cut the recipe in half as we are only a family of three and there was enough for a lunchbox the next day even after my boys had seconds. This one will stay in my recipe box as a new favorite!
Aug 10, 2013
Made this w/ whole wheat spaghetti...awful! Made it again w/ instant stir-fry noodles...loved it! Did not rinse the noodles in cold water (will ball together), just drained the water and mixed in some sauce to marinate the noodles while hot. Spread them out w/ a fork on a large piece of parchment on the counter to cool (not long), then added the veggies, more dressing and to the fridge for a few hours. Served w/ lime wedges....yum, yum!
Jul 2, 2012
This has become a favorite at our house. *Note: If making it ahead, do not add shrimp until you are ready to serve...shrimp added a day in advance will become soggy. *Whenever I serve it for friends/family, I get requests to share the recipe. I add a bit more vinegar, ginger and red pepper than the recipe calls, depending my mood and the palates of the others eating the salad. I also serve it w/ wedges of lime-this adds a lovely flavor to the salad.This dressing is delicious w/ similar ingredients served w/ Napa cabbage, edamame, etc. for a pasta-less salad.
Apr 22, 2012
Awesome salad. My hubby took the leftovers to work for his lunch the next day and the guys wanted to buy his lunch it smelled so good.
Mar 3, 2012
This is fantastic! Loved the fresh flavors of the ginger root and cilantro. My husband and I both loved it. Our kids are not picky eaters, but this was a little too mature for them.
Mar 8, 2011
I've made this several times and we love it! I dont put much carrot in--and instead of the red peper flakes I add a chopped jalepeno pepper
Jul 28, 2010
My husband and picky 2 1/2 year old both loved this recipe. I've made it several times, and it's still a big hit.
Apr 23, 2010
This recipe is amazing! It is definately enough for 8 people and then some. The variety of flavors are evident in each bite making the dish very enjoyable. I took the leftovers in to work and everyone begged for the recipe. Nice for a summer picnic.
Mar 11, 2010
This recipe was very good - I used whole wheat pasta - I think this recipe would also be good with chicken
Mar 10, 2010
Made it, ate it loved it!I served it hot- delicious!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.