Szechuan Chicken Noodle Toss
"My family loves Chinese food," says Carol Roane, Sarasota, Florida, "so I came up with this quick-and-easy recipe to use up leftover chicken, pork or beef."
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 4 quarts water
- 6 ounces uncooked thin spaghetti
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen stir-fry vegetable blend
- 1 tablespoon reduced-fat butter
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 2-inch strips
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/3 cup stir-fry sauce
- 3 green onions, chopped
- In a Dutch oven, bring water to a boil. Add spaghetti; cook for 4 minutes. Add vegetables; cook 3-4 minutes longer or until spaghetti and vegetables are tender. Drain. Toss with butter; set aside and keep warm.
- In a nonstick skillet, stir-fry the chicken, garlic and red pepper flakes in oil until chicken is no longer pink. Add stir-fry sauce; heat through. Add onions and spaghetti mixture; toss to coat.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested with Parkay Light stick margarine.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 394 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 66mg cholesterol, 831mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 5g fiber), 35g protein.
Originally published as Szechuan Chicken Noodle Toss in Light & Tasty October/November 2003
Aug 13, 2017
Made this tonight. My family loved it and so did I. They all want me to make it tomorrow night. This is a keeper.
May 28, 2015
A quick, easy meal perfect for weeknight dinners! This is definitely a family favorite!