Symphony Onion Soup
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 55 min.
- 8 cups thinly sliced onions
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 to 3 teaspoons molasses
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup white wine or water
- 5 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) beef broth
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 10 Quarter Note Croutons
- In a Dutch oven or soup kettle, saute onions in butter. Cover and cook over medium heat for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in the molasses and sugar. Cover and cook for 20 minutes. In a small bowl, combine flour and wine or water until smooth. Add to onion mixture with broth, bay leaves, salt and Worcestershire sauce. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes. Discard bay leaves. Ladle into bowls; top with croutons.
Nov 11, 2019
Slimy and very sweet. Single handedly the WORST soup I have ever made. I made an account only to spare someone the time and aggravation of making this garbage. I will be deleting it now.
Nov 9, 2014
This is our FAVE onion soup! The flavour is amazing, love it!!!