- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 pound swordfish steak, skin removed and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 8 uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 medium red onion, cut into 4 wedges
- 1/2 medium sweet yellow pepper, cut into 8 chunks
- In a small bowl, combine the oil, vinegar and seasonings. Place 3 tablespoons in a large resealable plastic bag; add swordfish and shrimp. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for up to 1 hour. Set remaining marinade aside for basting.
- On four metal or soaked wooden skewers, thread the swordfish, tomatoes, shrimp, onion and yellow pepper.
- Coat grill rack with cooking spray before starting grill. Grill kabobs, uncovered, over medium heat for 3 minutes, turning once. Baste with some of reserved marinade. Grill 3-4 minutes longer or until fish flakes easily with a fork and shrimp turn pink, turning and basting frequently. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews forSwordfish Shrimp Kabobs
"This was just ok. The marinade had a very good flavor but it didn't do anything to enhance the flavor of the shrimp or swordfish."