This recipe won the Chef Award at a contest sponsored by a major food company more than 20 years ago. Since then, it's the burger recipe my husband and I like best.—Dlores DeWitt, Colorado Springs, Colorado
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 15 min.
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1 tablespoon grated onion
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- 4 hamburger buns
- In a bowl, combine ground beef with 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper. Shape into 8 small patties.
- Mash avocados and mix with remaining salt, onion, lemon juice, mayonnaise and bacon. Place a slice of cheese on 4 of the patties. Top with avocado mixture. Cover with another pattie; press edges to seal.
- Broil or grill to desired doneness. Serve on toasted buns.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 710 calories, 51g fat (14g saturated fat), 106mg cholesterol, 1426mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 5g fiber), 35g protein.
Originally published as Swisscamole Burgers in Country Ground Beef
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.