- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (7 ounces each)
- 1 large egg
- 6 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- Dash pepper
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cold water
- In a bowl, combine the cheese, mushrooms and parsley. Cut a pocket in each pork chop by slicing almost to the bone. Stuff chops with cheese mixture; secure with toothpicks.
- In a shallow bowl, beat the egg. In another shallow bowl, combine bread crumbs and pepper. Dip chops in egg, then coat with crumbs.
- In a large skillet, brown chops in oil on both sides. Add water. Cover and simmer for 35-40 minutes or until juices run clear. Remove chops and keep warm; discard toothpicks.
- Combine flour and cold water until smooth; stir into pan juices. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Spoon over pork chops.
7 ounce-weight: 287 calories, 18g fat (7g saturated fat), 99mg cholesterol, 327mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 19g protein.
- Nov 15, 2011
I made this for dinner to rave reviews. The hardest part was cutting the pork chops evenly. Other than that, it was easy to assemble, cook and clean up. I didnt have fresh parsley on hand, so I used dried parsley and added it to the bread crumbs
- Mar 4, 2010
No comment left
- Jan 19, 2009
I made this using frozen chopped spinach, rinsed & squeezed the liquid out instead of using the parsley. It was wonderful. My husband is not much of a pork chop fan, and he loved these! Thanks! Renee