- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (7 ounces each)
- 1 egg
- 6 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- Dash pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cold water
- In a bowl, combine the cheese, mushrooms and parsley. Cut a pocket in each pork chop by slicing almost to the bone. Stuff each with 1/2 cup cheese mixture; secure with toothpicks. In a shallow bowl, beat the egg. In another shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs and pepper. Dip chops in egg, then coat with crumbs.
- In a large skillet, brown chops in oil on both sides. Add water. Cover and simmer for 40-45 minutes or until juices run clear. Remove chops and keep warm; discard toothpicks. Combine flour and cold water until smooth; stir into pan juices. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Spoon over pork chops. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forSwiss-Stuffed Chops
"I made this using frozen chopped spinach, rinsed & squeezed the liquid out instead of using the parsley. It was wonderful. My husband is not much of a pork chop fan, and he loved these! Thanks! Renee"