Swiss Steak for Two Recipe
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 pound boneless beef round steak (1/2 inch thick)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 can (8 ounces) stewed tomatoes
- 1 medium green pepper, sliced
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1. In a resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper. Cut steak into two pieces; place in bag and shake to coat.
- 2. In a skillet over medium heat, brown steak in oil. Add tomatoes. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 40 minutes. Add green pepper, onion and remaining salt. Cover and simmer until meat is tender, about 30 minutes. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 379 calories, 12g fat (3g saturated fat), 96mg cholesterol, 1141mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 4g fiber), 42g protein.
Reviews for Swiss Steak for Two
"Awesome taste....reminded me of my moms."
"Very good, steak was very tender!"
"This is a very tasty and quick dish! I usually have the market run the meat thru the cuber to make the meat less tough."
"Just made last night. Absolutely delicious and tender. I did cook longer than stated just to make sure that the round steak was tender, since it is a tough cut of meat. The flavor is great."
"WOW!! I make it all the time and serve with a side of rice. Delish!"