Swiss Steak Burgers for 2
“If you're hungry for steak, but all you have is ground beef, these hearty burgers will hit the spot.” In just 20 minutes and with only five ingredients, who would believe you could have a restaurant-quality burger? Greg Dalenberg - Peoria, AZ
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 tablespoons A.1. steak sauce, divided
- 3 teaspoons Dijon mustard, divided
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 2 slices Swiss cheese
- 2 hamburger buns, split and toasted
- In a small bowl, combine 1 tablespoons steak sauce and 1-1/2 teaspoons mustard. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into two patties.
- Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear. Top with cheese. Grill 1 minute longer or until cheese is melted.
- Spread buns with remaining steak sauce and mustard; top each with a burger.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 471 calories, 24g fat (11g saturated fat), 111mg cholesterol, 782mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 34g protein.
Originally published as Steak Burgers in Simple & Delicious May/June 2009
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.