- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 4 cups chopped fresh spinach
- 1/2 cup chopped water chestnuts
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese, divided
- 1 tablespoon chopped pimientos
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onion
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg, optional
- In a bowl, whisk together the egg and milk. Stir in the spinach, water chestnuts, 1/4 cup Swiss cheese, pimientos, green onion, salt and nutmeg if desired; mix well. Transfer to a greased 1-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 25 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews forSwiss Spinach Casserole
"This was not for us. It was quite bland. Sorry."