Swiss Seafood Canapes
If you're the cook, you'll want to set a few of these aside for yourself because they won't last long. The broiled bites feature a cheesy mixture of crab and shrimp.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 can (6 ounces) small shrimp, rinsed and drained
- 1 package (6 ounces) frozen crabmeat, thawed
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 2 hard-boiled large eggs, chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup French salad dressing or seafood cocktail sauce
- 2 green onions, chopped
- Dash salt
- 1 loaf (16 ounces) snack rye bread
- In a large bowl, combine first nine ingredients. Place bread on ungreased baking sheets. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 1-2 minutes or until lightly browned. Turn slices; spread each with 1 rounded tablespoonful of seafood mixture. Broil 4-5 minutes longer or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 57 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 22mg cholesterol, 143mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Swiss Crab Canapes in Country Woman Christmas 2009