I love hosting brunch. This quiche is one of my go-to recipes because it takes minutes to prepare and allows me to enjoy more time with my guests. —Terry Frese Masto, Prescott, Arizona
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min. + standing
- 1 cup crushed butter-flavored crackers
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 6 bacon strips, diced
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- Dash pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Combine cracker crumbs and butter; press onto the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 9-in. pie plate. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove to paper towels; drain, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings. Saute onion in drippings until tender. Remove from the heat. In a small bowl, combine the eggs, Swiss cheese, sour cream, pepper, onion and bacon; pour into prepared crust. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese.
- Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting.