- 8 medium russet potatoes (about 3 pounds), peeled and cubed
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups cubed Swiss cheese
- 1 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 small onion, grated
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- Place potatoes in a saucepan and cover with water. Cover and bring to a boil; cook for 20-25 minutes or until very tender. Drain well. Mash with butter, parsley, salt and pepper. Spread about 4 cups of the potato mixture onto the bottom and up the sides of a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Combine cheese, ham, onion and garlic powder; spoon into potato shell. Combine eggs and milk; pour over all. Top with remaining potato mixture. Sprinkle with paprika. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 45-50 minutes or until golden. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: 8-9 servings.
Reviews forSwiss Potato Squares
"This were wonderful. I made them for a family gathering and everyone loved them!"