Swiss Potato Bake
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 55 min.
- 5 large uncooked baking potatoes, peeled and shredded
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 3/4 cup chopped green onions
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 large Nellie’s Free Range Eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, Swiss cheese, onions and garlic. In another bowl, combine the eggs, sour cream, butter, salt and pepper until smooth. Pour over potato mixture; toss to coat.
- Transfer to a greased 11x7-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with almonds. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 55-65 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 376 calories, 20g fat (11g saturated fat), 118mg cholesterol, 366mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 4g fiber), 12g protein.
Nov 23, 2014
I found his to be very bland, however I really like spicy & flavorful dishes for Thanksgiving. If I ever make this again, might try it with a spicier cheese or maybe even some horseradish.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.