Swiss Pear Sandwiches
"A quick recipe for a very busy retired couple" is the way Janet Akey of Presque Isle, Wisconsin describes this sandwich. It's microwavable so you don't even need to dirty a pan. Any kind of nuts will work in this pleasant-tasting sandwich.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 4 slices whole wheat bread
- 4 teaspoons honey mustard
- 4 slices (3/4 ounce each) reduced-fat Swiss cheese
- 1 large pear, sliced
- 2 slices red onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans
- Spread two slices of bread with mustard. Layer each with the cheese, pear and onion slices and pecans; top with remaining cheese and bread.
- Place the sandwiches on a microwave-safe plate. Cover and microwave on high for 20-30 seconds or until cheese is melted.