- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 1 package (16 ounces) hot roll mix
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine, melted
- In a bowl, combine cheese and minced onion with dry ingredients of hot roll mix. Prepare mix according to package directions. Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Shape into a 5-in. ball and place on a greased baking sheet. Cover and let rise in a warm place for 30 minutes or until doubled. Bake at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Brush with butter. Remove to a wire rack to cool. Yield: 1 loaf, 16 servings, 1 slice per serving.
Reviews forSwiss Onion Loaf
"I really enjoyed the convenience of this recipe. And that it tasted good too was a plus. I love to breadmake, but when traveling in our RV I look for semi-home made. Oh, and lets not forget how good everything smells. Just like a bakery!"