- 1-1/2 cups mayonnaise,* divided
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 12 eggs, separated
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 6 tablespoons chopped green onions, divided
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1-1/2 cups chopped fully cooked ham
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- Fresh oregano or parsley, optional
- In a saucepan, combine 1/2 cup mayonnaise and flour. In a bowl, whisk egg yolks until thickened; add milk. Pour into mayonnaise mixture; cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until thick. Add salt and pepper. Remove from the heat; cool for 15 minutes. In a mixing bowl, beat egg whites until stiff. Fold into the mayonnaise mixture. Line a 15-in. x 10-in.x 2-in. baking pan with waxed paper; coat paper with cooking spray. Pour egg mixture into pan. Bake at 425° for 20 minutes. Meanwhile, in a saucepan over low heat, combine 2 tablespoon onions, mustard and remaining mayonnaise. Remove 3/4 cup for topping; set aside and keep warm. To the remaining sauce, add ham, cheese and remaining onions; cook over low heat until cheese begins to melt. Remove omelet from oven; turn onto a linen towel. Peel off waxed paper. Spread cheese sauce over warm omelet. Roll up from a short side. Top with reserved mustard sauce. Garnish with oregano or parsley if desired. Serve immediately. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Reviews forSwiss Omelet Roll-Up
"This was fantastic! I used bacon instead of ham and sharp cheddar instead of Swiss but it was delicious! It was worth all the dirty dishes and didn't take long. The omelet was so fluffy! It had a lot more flavor than other omelet rolls I've had."
"I haven't made this in a while, but have made it a few times for special occasion brunches. It is delicious, and quite impressive-looking. It is a bit time consuming to make, though. If I remember correctly, there is a lot of topping left over, so I will probably decrease the amount of the mayo/mustard sauce by at least 1/3 next time."