Swiss ‘n’ Bacon Pizza
My family enjoys this pizza so much, I usually make it as a main course. But when we're invited to various gatherings, I like to serve it as an appetizer. —Vicki Robers, Stratford, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 tubes (12 ounces each) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- Split each biscuit into two halves. Press onto a greased 14-in. pizza pan, sealing seams. In a bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; spread over crust.
- Bake at 350° for 20-23 minutes or until golden brown. Cut into thin wedges.
Editor's NoteReduced-fat or fat-free mayonnaise may not be substituted for regular mayonnaise in this recipe.
Reduced-fat or fat-free mayonnaise is not recommended for this recipe.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 250 calories, 17g fat (5g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 518mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 9g protein.
Originally published as Swiss 'n' Bacon Pizza in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2001
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.