Swiss Mushroom Pie
"I needed a before-dinner snack, so I conjured this up with ingredients that I had at home," remarks Rita Weaver of Lakewood, Washington. "It was enjoyed by all." Rich wedges also would make a nice brunch dish or light lunch alongside a salad.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 45 min. + cooling
- 1 package (15 ounces) refrigerated pie pastry
- 1 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 teaspoon chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 pound Swiss cheese, sliced
- Line a 9-in. pie plate with bottom pastry; trim even with edge. In a skillet, saute the mushrooms and onion in butter; drain. Arrange half of the cheese slices in the crust. Top with half of the mushroom mixture; repeat layers.
- Place remaining pastry over filling; trim, seal and flute edges. Cut slits in the top. Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand for 10 minutes. Cut into wedges.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 476 calories, 31g fat (17g saturated fat), 66mg cholesterol, 361mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 20g protein.
Originally published as Swiss Mushroom Pie in Quick Cooking May/June 2003
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.