- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks
- 1/2 cup orange marmalade
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 pound fully cooked ham, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 pound Swiss cheese, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces, optional
- Drain pineapple, reserving 2 tablespoons juice; set pineapple aside. In a small bowl, mix marmalade, mustard, cloves and reserved pineapple juice. On eight metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread ham, cheese, pineapple and, if desired, green pepper.
- Place kabobs on greased grill rack. Grill, uncovered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 5-7 minutes or until heated through, turning and basting frequently with marmalade sauce. Serve with remaining sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forSwiss Ham Kabobs
"Really good and simple recipe. I'd never made ham kabobs before and these were a real hit with my husband and me. We used left-over ham we'd frozen from Easter and I did use the green pepper. We did have a little bit of a mess with the cheese melting on the grill, so we quickly took them up and heated them up a bit more in the microwave. I may par-boil the green pepper next time as it was still quite crispy with the short time ithe kabobs cooked on the gril and in the microwave. I doubled the recipe for both the kabobs and the sauce, but still used only 1/2 cup marmalade and it was still really good. A great way to use up leftover ham in a new dish!"