- 1 cup chopped green onions
- 4-1/2 teaspoons butter or margarine
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 3/4 cup shredded Swiss Cheese
- 3 cups cooked peas
- In a large saucepan, saute onions in butter until tender. Stir in flour and salt until blended; gradually add the cream. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat; stir in cheese until melted. Add peas; cook and stir until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forSwiss Creamed Peas
"I happened to have peas and swiss cheese in my refrigerator, and the combination sounded good so I was happy to find this recipe. I used low fat milk instead of heavy cream to cut down on fat & calories. Turned out great!"