Swiss Corned Beef Hash
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 cups cubed peeled potatoes
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) beef broth
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 ounces cooked corned beef brisket, chopped (about 1-1/2 cups)
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- In a large skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in the potatoes, broth, carrots, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium; cover and cook for 20-25 minutes or until vegetables are tender and most of the liquid is absorbed.
- Stir in corned beef and parsley; heat through. Sprinkle with cheese. Remove from the heat. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts1-1/4 cups: 395 calories, 22g fat (12g saturated fat), 83mg cholesterol, 1286mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 4g fiber), 19g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 21, 2015
What a good way to use some of that left-over corned beef! Next time, I think I'll add more carrots.
Jan 26, 2010
My family loves canned corned beef hash so I had to give this a try. . . I did use canned corned beef since I didn't have any leftover and it turned out great. I am rating this a 4 because we didn't really like it topped with swiss cheese. . . cheddar or no cheese at all would have probably been better.