Swiss Chicken Bake
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 package (7 ounces) thin spaghetti, cooked and drained
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- In a large bowl, combine the spaghetti, spinach, cream, 4 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, salt, pepper and nutmeg. Place in a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Top with chicken, Swiss cheese, mushrooms and bacon.
- In a small bowl, combine the eggs, ricotta, onion and garlic; spread over chicken. Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until bubbly.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 468 calories, 21g fat (11g saturated fat), 232mg cholesterol, 590mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 37g protein.
Oct 8, 2010
My family loved this recipe. With all the ingredients in it all I did was have salad on the side with garlic bread. Would definitely make again. Great dish for parties too.
May 18, 2010
This dish was not for us. It was not creamy, and I am sorry that I wasted so many ingredients and lots of time on this casserole. Seriously, we are ordering out. Sorry.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.