Swiss Cheese Potato Pancakes
Years ago, when I was searching for just the right thing to perk up a meal, my neighbor suggested these pancakes. They did the trick! Golden brown, crisp and cheesy, they make a deliciously different dish any time of day. —Ferne Moe, Northbrook, Illinois
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 30 min.
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 cups shredded peeled potatoes (about 1 pound)
- 1/4 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated onion
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add 1 egg at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually add flour and mix well. Stir in the potatoes, Swiss cheese, onion, salt, pepper and cayenne pepper.
- Heat butter and 2 tablespoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Drop batter by 1/4 cupfuls into butter and oil; press lightly to flatten. Fry in batches until golden brown on both sides, using remaining oil as needed. Drain on paper towels.
Nutrition Facts2 pancakes: 219 calories, 15g fat (7g saturated fat), 79mg cholesterol, 178mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Swiss Cheese Potato Pancakes in Country Woman March/April 2001