- 1 bacon strip, cut into thirds
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup crushed butter-flavored crackers (about 8 crackers)
- 5 tablespoons shredded Swiss cheese, divided
- 4-1/2 teaspoons chopped onion
- 1 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef
- In a skillet, cook bacon over medium heat for 2 minutes on each side or until cooked but not crisp. Drain on a paper towel; set aside.
- In a bowl, combine the egg, crackers, 4 tablespoons cheese, onion, garlic, salt, sage and pepper. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into a loaf and place in a greased 5-3/4-in. x 3-in. x 2-in. loaf pan. Place bacon pieces over top. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining cheese; bake 2-4 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 160° and cheese is melted. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews forSwiss Cheese Meat Loaf
"This is a really good meatloaf and I liked the Swiss cheese, it made it different. I used 3 strips of bacon and it was wonderful."
"I substituted cheddar cheese for the swiss, as that's what I had on hand and turned out great."