Swiss Cheese Lasagna Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 cups water
- 1 can (12 ounces) tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (8 ounces) lasagna noodles
- 8 ounces sliced Swiss cheese
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces each) 4% cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1. In a large skillet, cook the beef, onion and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the water, tomato paste, salt, rosemary and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, cook lasagna noodles according to package directions; drain. In a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish, layer a third of the meat sauce, noodles and Swiss cheese. Repeat layers. Top with cottage cheese and the remaining Swiss cheese, noodles and sauce. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- 3. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until bubbly. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 12 servings.
1 each: 275 calories, 11g fat (7g saturated fat), 48mg cholesterol, 596mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 3g fiber), 20g protein.
Reviews for Swiss Cheese Lasagna
"This recipe required the ingredients that I had in my house. That is the main reason I chose to try it. I took the advice of other reviewers and cut back on the salt. We thought it tasted just fine. I would make it again!"
"I found this recipe to be bland, too salty and not worth the time,effort and money to ever make again. YUK"
"The lasagna had a good flavor, but way too salty. I cut the salt down to 1 teaspoon, but felt it could be cut down more."