Swiss Cheese Canape Cups
Guests will think you spent hours making these impressive-looking canapes. You don't have to tell them they're actually easy to prepare! Horseradish and mustard give these bite-size snacks a little zip. — Carol Harkings, Casper, Wyoming
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 8 slices sandwich bread, crusts removed
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 large egg white, lightly beaten
- Cut each slice of bread into four squares. Press squares into greased miniature muffin cups. In a bowl, combine the butter, parsley, horseradish and mustard. Stir in cheese. Add egg white; mix well. Place about 3/4 teaspoonful in each bread cup.
- Bake at 400° for 6-8 minutes or until filling is set and edges of bread are golden brown. Serve warm.
Editor;s Note: Baked cheese cups may be frozen for up to 4 months. Thaw in the refrigerator. Place on ungreased baking sheets and bake at 350° for 4-6 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts3 each: 135 calories, 8g fat (5g saturated fat), 22mg cholesterol, 198mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 5g protein.
Originally published as Swiss Cheese Canape Cups in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2003