VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 8 slices sandwich bread, crusts removed
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- Cut each slice of bread into four squares. Press squares into greased miniature muffin cups. In a bowl, combine the butter, parsley, horseradish and mustard. Stir in cheese. Add egg white; mix well. Place about 3/4 teaspoonful in each bread cup.
- Bake at 400° for 6-8 minutes or until filling is set and edges of bread are golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 32 appetizers.
Originally published as Swiss Cheese Canape Cups in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2003, p34