This bread will receive rave reviews, whether you serve it as an appetizer or with a meal. For real convenience, you can make it ahead of time and freeze it! —Karla Boice, Mahtomedi, Minnesota
Featured In: 42 Recipes to Serve with Zucchini Noodles
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 loaf (18-20 inches) French bread
- 8 ounces (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- 3/4 teaspoon celery seed
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons dehydrated parsley flakes
- Cut bread in half. Make diagonal cuts, 1 in. thick, through bread but not through bottom. Combine all remaining ingredients. Spread half the butter mixture between bread slices. Spread remaining mixture over top and sides of bread.
- Place bread on double thickness of foil; cover loosely with more foil. Bake at 425° for 20-30 minutes. For last 5 minutes, remove foil covering bread to allow it to brown. Yield: 24 servings.
Originally published as Swiss Cheese Bread in Country Extra September 1990, p49
Reviews forSwiss Cheese Bread
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review