I like to dress up this Swiss chard by serving it with pasta, but it’s also a tasty side dish all on its own. My boys love it and ask for it often. —Rebekah Chappel, Portales, New Mexico
Featured In: 44 Ways to Get More Leafy Greens in Your Life
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1/2 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 2 bunches Swiss chard, coarsely chopped (about 16 cups)
- 1/2 cup walnut halves, toasted
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a 6-qt. stockpot, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onions; cook and stir until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Add vinegar, stirring to loosen any browned bits from pot. Add remaining ingredients; cook 4-6 minutes or until chard is tender, stirring occasionally. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Swiss Chard with Onions & Garlic in Taste of Home February/March 2015, p76
Reviews forSwiss Chard with Onions & Garlic
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 3, 2016
"This is an excellent side dish and very bulky and delicious."
Reviewed Mar. 6, 2015
"This was so delicious and fresh-tasting! LOVED the walnuts in it!!!"