- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1/2 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 2 bunches Swiss chard, coarsely chopped (about 16 cups)
- 1/2 cup walnut halves, toasted
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a 6-qt. stockpot, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onions; cook and stir until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Add vinegar, stirring to loosen any browned bits from pot. Add remaining ingredients; cook 4-6 minutes or until chard is tender, stirring occasionally. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forSwiss Chard with Onions & Garlic
"Confused by photo, which doesn't agree with ingredients listed. Photo appears to show mini red and yellow peppers in the dish. Wondering what other ingredients might be in that dish that aren't as obvious?"
"This is an excellent side dish and very bulky and delicious."
"This was so delicious and fresh-tasting! LOVED the walnuts in it!!!"