Swiss Broccoli Bake
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min. + standing
- 3 packages (16 ounces each) frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of broccoli soup, undiluted
- 2-1/2 cups shredded Swiss cheese, divided
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- In a large bowl, combine the broccoli, soups, 2 cups cheese and evaporated milk. Pour into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes or until heated through.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 202 calories, 11g fat (6g saturated fat), 32mg cholesterol, 521mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 5g fiber), 13g protein.
Apr 13, 2009
This tasted just like my steamed broccoli I make, and it takes more ingredients, more work, and more time, for nothing any more special than plain broccoli. We all ate it just fine, but was disappointed by this. I could not taste the swiss cheese and if you don't like broccoli, you still won't like this since it has a very strong broccoli taste and nothing else. If I were to try this again, which I seriously doubt, I would use cheddar cheese to get more of a cheesy taste.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.