Swiss-Bacon Spinach Tartlets
I developed this recipe as a way to entice my husband to eat spinach. When I first made the tarts for Christmas, they disappeared within minutes. Guests were surprised when I told them the key ingredient!—Kimberly Carr, Akron, Ohio
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 1/2 pound sliced bacon, diced
- 2/3 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Liquid Smoke, optional
- 1 package (1.9 ounces) frozen miniature phyllo tart shells
- 2/3 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- In large skillet over medium heat, cook bacon until crisp. Remove to paper towels; drain, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings. Saute onion and garlic in drippings until tender.
- Reduce heat to medium. Stir in the spinach, sugar, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper and Liquid Smoke if desired; heat through. Stir in the bacon.
- In each tart shell, layer 1 teaspoon of Swiss cheese, 1 tablespoon of spinach mixture and another teaspoon of cheese. Place on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 91 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 9mg cholesterol, 199mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.