- 3 cups water
- 2 cups fresh cauliflowerets
- 2 cups chopped fresh broccoli
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 cups milk
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 tablespoon apricot jam
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add cauliflower and broccoli; return to a boil. Cover and cook for 3 minutes. Drain and pat dry.
- In another large saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour until smooth; gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat; stir in the cheese, jam, curry, salt and pepper. Cook and stir over low heat until cheese is melted. Remove from the heat.
- Place the cauliflower and broccoli in a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Top with cheese sauce. Combine topping ingredients; sprinkle over sauce. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Reviews forSwiss-Almond Floret Bake
"I have tried this veggie dish twice now, and my family have not cared for it. I thought we would like swiss cheese and curry sauce since we love asparagus mornay, but over all, this was very bland in flavor, the casserole was too wet after baking, and the vegetables got too soft. although I don't usually overcook veggies, I have not been successful with this recipe to find a firmer texture and thick flavorful cheese sauce. We will not be trying this again"