Swirled Spice Loaves
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/3 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 1-1/4 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1. In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Beat the eggs and cream; stir into dry ingredients just until combined. Remove 1-1/2 cups batter to another bowl; stir in the molasses, vanilla and pumpkin pie spice until blended.
- 2. Spoon a fourth of the molasses batter into each of two greased 8x4-in. loaf pans. Top each with a fourth of the plain batter. Repeat layers; cut through batter with a knife to swirl.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
1 slice: 139 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 44mg cholesterol, 121mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Dec 31, 1969
I had some heavy cream to use up from another recipe and I came across this recipe and decided to try it out. This bread is delicious!!! We were going to make one of the loaves to freeze, but it never made it to the freezer. The recipe was fairly easy and I thought that the flavor combination would make this more of a fall type bread, but it had a nice vanilla-spice flavor. We will be enjoying this again soon!!!