Swirled Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake
Total TimePrep: 35 min. Bake: 35 min. + cooling
- 1 package chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup fat-free milk
- In a large bowl, beat the cake mix, water, sour cream and egg whites on medium speed for 2 minutes. Coat a 13x9-in. baking pan with cooking spray and dust with flour. Pour batter into pan.
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, egg, sugar, peanut butter and milk until smooth. Drop by tablespoonfuls over batter and swirl with a knife. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 225 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 289mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fat.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Aug 7, 2016
I took this to a potluck dinner and it was gone in no time with excellent reviews. I used a triple chocolate cake mix, then sprinkled peanut butter chips on top before baking. It turned out more like a cake than bars, so next time I will likely use a jelly roll pan. The cake was super moist and the peanut butter cream cheese was a perfect compliment.