I created this recipe when I was planning a steak dinner and wanted a barbecue sauce to go with it. Try the sauce on pork and chicken. —Dolores Jensen, Arnold, Missouri
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 50 min.
- 3 tablespoons Catalina salad dressing
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons apricot preserves
- 3 tablespoons grape jelly
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 beef tenderloin steaks (1-1/2 to 2 inches thick and 8 ounces each)
- In a small saucepan, combine the first 15 ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes; stirring occasionally. Set aside 1/4 cup sauce for serving and keep warm.
- Place steaks on a broiler pan; top with some of the remaining sauce. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 10-16 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°; medium-well, 145°), basting occasionally with remaining sauce. Serve with reserved sauce.
Originally published as Sweetheart Steaks in Taste of Home February/March 2005
Feb 4, 2018
These were delicious made exactly as written!
May 23, 2013
Made this for Valentine's Day for my husband & I. And although the ingredients sounded like an unusual mixture, they worked. The sauce turned out delicious!