Sweetheart Mousse Recipe
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cook-and-serve vanilla pudding mix
- 5 cups whole milk, divided
- 1 package (6 ounces) cherry gelatin
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- Whipped cream and maraschino cherries, optional
- 1. In a saucepan, cook pudding mix and 4 cups milk according to package directions. Remove from the heat. Sprinkle with gelatin and stir until completely dissolved. Cool for 10 minutes.
- 2. In a bowl, beat cream cheese and remaining milk until smooth. Gradually add gelatin mixture; mix well. Pour into oiled individual molds. Refrigerate overnight. Unmold; garnish with whipped cream and cherries if desired. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Editor's Note: Recipe may also be prepared in an 8-cup heart-shaped mold.
1 each: 247 calories, 12g fat (8g saturated fat), 42mg cholesterol, 218mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (27g sugars, 0 fiber), 7g protein.
Reviews for Sweetheart Mousse
"Way too sweet for my taste. I thought the jello would make it a little on the tart side. I made them in little plastic heart cups and served them with a raspberry and mint leaf on top. the presentation was nice for a Valentine's day treat."