Sweetheart Corn Bread Recipe
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 can (8-1/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 1-1/2 cups cornmeal
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2-1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1. In a large bowl, beat eggs. Add sour cream, oil and corn; mix well. Stir in the dry ingredients just until combined. Pour into a greased and floured 5-cup heart shaped baking pan or a 9-in. round pan. Bake at 425° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes in pan before removing to a wire rack. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Editor's Note: For a festive presentation, tie a red ribbon around the edge of the bread before serving.
1 piece: 328 calories, 20g fat (6g saturated fat), 73mg cholesterol, 446mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
Reviews for Sweetheart Corn Bread
"We didn't care for this. We thought it was too bland."
"My 4 little kids liked this recipe especially with honey butter and chili. I love the no sugar and corn in it. Have made it 3 times."
"Super moist! Good, but not sweet; notice there is no sugar in the recipe. Maybe southern cornbread is not sweet?"