Sweet Zucchini Relish Recipe
- 10 cups shredded zucchini (about 3-1/2 pounds)
- 4 large onions, chopped
- 2 medium green peppers, chopped
- 2 medium sweet red peppers, chopped
- 1/3 cup canning salt
- 2-1/2 cups sugar
- 2-1/2 cups cider vinegar
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large container, combine the zucchini, onions, peppers and salt. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Drain; rinse and drain again.
- 2. In a stockpot, combine the sugar, vinegar, cornstarch and seasonings; bring to a boil. Add zucchini mixture; return to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 12-15 minutes or until slightly thickened. Remove from the heat.
- 3. Carefully ladle hot mixture into hot 1-pint jars, leaving 1/2-in. headspace. Remove air bubbles; wipe rims and adjust lids. Process for 15 minutes in a boiling-water canner. Refrigerate remaining relish for up to 1 week. Yield: 5 pints.
1/4 cup: 67 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 288mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Reviews for Sweet Zucchini Relish
"Delicious relish!! easy to make. I make it to give as gifts, it is that good!!"
"Wonderful recipe. Blue Ribbon winner at local county fair. Even those who do not care for relish like it!!"