VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 cups water
- 4 cups sliced peeled zucchini
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- Dash salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- In a saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add zucchini; cook for 3 minutes. Drain and pat dry. In a bowl, combine the zucchini, sugars, flour, lemon juice, cinnamon, cream of tartar and salt. Transfer to a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish.
- For topping, in a bowl, combine the flour and sugars. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over zucchini mixture.
- Bake at 375° for 45-50 minutes or until topping is golden brown and filling is bubbly around the edges. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Zucchini Pie in Country Extra July 2002, p23
Reviews forSweet Zucchini Pie
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 24, 2010
"Very good, tastes like apples! I might cut the brown sugar in half next time, it was a little sweet for me"