Marinades sometimes use coffee or espresso, and that inspired me to try tea and apple juice to perk up a sauce. Read more on my food blog at wildflourskitchen.com. —Kelly Williams, Forked River, New Jersey
Featured In: 99 of Our Favorite Chicken Dinner Ideas
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 1 cup water
- 2 teaspoons seafood seasoning
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (4 to 5 pounds), cut up
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cup sweet tea
- Preheat oven to 350°. Pour apple juice and water into a large shallow roasting pan. Mix seafood seasoning, paprika, garlic powder and pepper; rub over chicken. Place in roasting pan.
- Bake, covered, until juices run clear and a thermometer reads 170° to 175°, about 50-60 minutes. Transfer chicken to a foil-lined 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Whisk barbecue sauce and sweet tea; brush over chicken.
- Place chicken on greased grill rack; grill over medium heat 3-4 minutes per side, brushing occasionally with remaining sauce. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Sweet Tea Barbecued Chicken in Taste of Home June/July 2016, p53
Reviews forSweet Tea Barbecued Chicken
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 8, 2017
"Delicious! chicken was flavorful and tender. Will definitely make again."