Sweet-Taste-of-Victory Butterscotch Cookies
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min./batch
Makesabout 5 dozen
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Pinch each ground ginger, nutmeg and cloves
- 1-1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup brickle toffee bits
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, cinnamon, baking soda, salt, ginger, nutmeg and cloves; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in the chips, walnuts and toffee bits.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 12-14 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 142 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 77mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1 starch.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Oct 21, 2012
Very easy to put together in the stand mixer. Will try some other add-ins next time, the cookie had a very mild flavor. The recipe certainly lends itself to a variety of spices - look forward to experimenting!
Mar 18, 2011
My family loves these! I skipped the walnuts, but otherwise made them as indicated. They're really good.