Sweet & Tart Cranberry Relish
This is the only cranberry relish my kids will eat. It can be made up to one week ahead of time, and I personally think it gets better after it sits for a day or two. If you have leftovers after a big meal, spoon it over turkey sandwiches the next day.—Sheila Tate, Hartselle, Alabama
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 15 min. + chilling
Makes20 servings (1/4 cup each)
- 1 pound fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 package (10 ounces) dried cranberries
- 2-1/2 cups water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large saucepan, combine all ingredients. Bring to a boil, stirring to dissolve sugar. Reduce heat to medium; cook, uncovered, 10-15 minutes or until berries pop, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat.
- Transfer to a large bowl; refrigerate, covered, until cold.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup: 114 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 1mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 2g fiber), 0 protein.
Originally published as cranberry relish in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2014