Sweet & Tangy Pulled Pork
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 8 hours
- 1 jar (18 ounces) apricot preserves
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 boneless pork shoulder butt roast (3 to 4 pounds)
- Hamburger buns, split, optional
- Mix first 4 ingredients. Place roast in a 4- or 5-qt. slow cooker; top with preserves mixture. Cook, covered, on low until meat is tender, 8-10 hours.
- Remove pork from slow cooker. Skim fat from cooking juices. Shred pork with 2 forks; return to slow cooker and heat through. If desired, serve on buns.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup pork mixture: 296 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 67mg cholesterol, 243mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 0 fiber), 20g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 3 lean meat.
Oct 14, 2014
Unbelievable recipe!! Tasted so amazing, would highly recommend.
Mar 25, 2014
I like what I see
Feb 28, 2012
Didn't have onions and it still turned out delicious. The meat was super tender, sweet and flavorful by itself. We topped sandwiches with a little BBQ sauce and they were excellent. I didn't measure, but did about half vegetable broth that was leftover in the fridge and half soy sauce then a spoonful of some mustard.
Sep 15, 2011
I made this tonight for dinner and WHAT A DISAPPOINTMENT! It was easy enough to prepare, but it was so blah and had hardly any flavor. I thought we could eat it for two nights in a row, but my husband said he's not eating the leftovers. We won't be having this meal again!
Jul 26, 2011
I used a pork tenderloin and the meat had a nice flavor. This won't replace the BBQ pulled pork I usually make, but maybe for an occasional change of pace...
Jul 25, 2011
This pork was easy to make and turned out moist. It was pretty blah, didn't have any flavor and was definitely not sweet and tangy. Just tasted like plain pork. I will not be making this recipe again.
Jul 21, 2011
Love this recipe!! So quick and easy!