Sweet Stars Cake Recipe
- 1 package chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 1 can (16 ounces) vanilla frosting
- 1 package (5 ounces) Fruit Roll-Ups
- 1. Prepare and bake the cake according to package directions, using two greased and floured 9-in. round baking pans. Cool in pans for 10 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
- 2. Place bottom cake layer on a serving plate. Spread frosting between layers and over the top and sides of cake.
- 3. Unroll fruit roll-ups. Cut one blue, one green and one red star with a 2-3/4-in. star-shaped cookie cutter. Center stars on cake. Cut remaining fruit with a 2-in. star-shaped cookie cutter. Place a yellow star in the center of each large star. Arrange remaining stars on top and sides of cake. Yield: 12 servings.
Editor's Note: We use Fruit Roll-Ups brand, which has fruit pieces that measure approximately 5 x 5 inches. If roll-ups have precut designs in them, place unrolled fruit between two sheets of greased waxed paper. Microwave on high for 10-15 seconds. Roll fruit flat with a rolling pin. Remove waxed paper; cut fruit with cookie cutters.