Cinnamon and ginger give a nice spiced flavor to the moist tender squash halves. You can use up the extra squash in the two recipes that follow.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 70 Min.
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 medium acorn squash
- In a small bowl, combine the honey, butter, salt, cinnamon and ginger. Cut squash in half; discard the seeds. Cut a thin slice from bottom of squash with a sharp knife to allow it to sit flat.
- Place cavity side up in a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Fill squash halves with butter mixture. Cover and bake at 375° for 1 hour or until squash is tender. Uncover; bake 10 minutes longer.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 185 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 212mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Honey-Spice Acorn Squash in The Taste of Home Cookbook 1st edition