Sweet Spinach Salad
This salad features a tangy dressing sweetened with honey. It's a snap to stir up and drizzle over fresh spinach and green onions.—Marian Platt, Sequim, Washington
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 3/4 cup French salad dressing
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 3/4 teaspoon paprika
- 6 cups torn fresh spinach
- 3/4 cup sliced green onion
- In a jar with tight-fitting lid, combine salad dressing, honey, orange juice and paprika; shake well. Place the spinach and onions in a large bowl or divide among individual plates or bowls; drizzle with dressing.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 81 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 347mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fruit.
Originally published as Sweet Spinach Salad in Quick Cooking September/October 1998
Nov 16, 2010
This was okay...just tasted like spinach with French dressing.~ Theresa
Feb 20, 2010
It is simply delicious & so easy to make! Kudos to Ms. Platt for the unusual combination of the dressing ingredients that proved to be so flavorful!